The on-premise licenses types are caterer, Class A Club, Class B Club, Drinking Establishment, Drinking Establishment/Caterer, Hotel/Drinking Establishment, Hotel Drinking Establishment/Caterer and Public Venue licenses.
If your event is temporary, visit the temporary permit page.
- Handbook for Caterers
- Handbook for Class A Clubs
- Handbook for Class B Clubs
- Handbook for Drinking Establishments
- Handbook for Public Venues
- Liquor Licensee Information Brochure (ABC-899)
- Department of Agriculture Restaurant License Guide
- Register Catered Event Instructions
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
To use the online system you must pay using an electronic check or credit/debit card. Please note that the payment processing vendor charges a service charge for electronic payments, $1.50 for an electronic check or 2.5 percent of the total for credit/debit card use.
- On Premise Public Checklist (ABC-859)
- Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800)
- Financial Disclosure (ABC-801)
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
- Liquor Drink Tax Bond - The Division of Taxation requires on-premise liquor licensees to post a Liquor Drink tax bond for a minimum of $1,000.00. The bond can be one of the following:
- Cash Bond
- Escrow Bond
- Surety Bond
For additional information regarding liquor drink tax or bonds, please contact the Division of Taxation's Miscellaneous Tax Segment at 785-368-8222 (select option 5, then option 4), or email: kdor_Miscellaneous.Tax@ks.gov
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.