There are three types of manufacturer licenses.
- Beer Manufacturer
- Spirits Manufacturer
- Wine Manufacturer
Manufacturers are required to file their monthly gallonage tax return, report and remit payment by the 15th of the following month.
Manufacturers are also required to register each label of alcoholic liquor manufactured prior to sale.
- Handbook for Manufacturers
- Manufacturer Activities and Gallonage Tax Reporting
- Liquor Licensee Information Brochure (ABC-899)
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
To use the online system you must pay using an electronic check or credit/debit card. Please note that the payment processing vendor charges a service charge for electronic payments, $1.50 for an electronic check or 2.5 percent of the total for credit/debit card use.
- Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800)
- Financial Disclosure (ABC-801)
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- License Bond – select either the Escrow Bond or Surety Bond below.
- Wine or Spirits Manufacturers - submit a copy of your approved TTB Basic Permit (TTB F 5100.24) to manufacture wine or spirits.
- Beer Manufacturers Only – submit a copy of your approved TTB Brewer's Notice (TTB F 5130.10)
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
Brand Registration and Label Approval
Monthly Return and Reports
- Kansas Manufacturers' Monthly Gallonage Tax Return (ABC-273)
- Report of Alcoholic Liquor Received from a Kansas Manufacturer (ABC-274)
The ABC-274 report must be completed by any person or firm not located in the State of Kansas who receives alcoholic liquor from a licensed Kansas manufacturer.
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.